Rincon, in the southeast area of Effingham County, Georgia, was incorporated as a city in 1927. While the earliest settlers came to the area in 1751, the area had little development until the late 19th century.
Rincon’s development was catalyzed by the coming of the railroad in the 1890s. A rail line was built from the Carolinas across the state line at the Savannah River and southward to Savannah. The name of the city is believed to have been adopted from the Spanish or Mexican name Rincón, after a small but prosperous town in Mexico. (Rincón means “corner.”)
As suburban development has expanded outward from Savannah, since 1990 the population of Rincon has grown rapidly, rising from 2,697 in 1990 to an estimated 9,638 in 2014.
(add search widget here)
Source From Wikipedia